Octopus Pancake Christopher Huang
Posted by Christopher Huang on May 13, 2020
Christopher Huang Recipe - Octopus Pancake
1 pack of frozen cooked Octopus
2 cups AP flour
2 cups water
1 cup green onions, chopped
8 oz cooked octopus, chopped
4 oz fiddlehead ferns
4 oz smoked salmon, very finely chopped
1/2 cup creme fraiche
2 fl oz gochujang
1. Rinse fiddlehead ferns and boil in salted water for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and immediately rinse with cold water. Set aside.
2. Whisk together flour and water until batter is smooth. Mix in green onions and octopus.
3. On medium-high, heat up a generous amount of oil in a non-stick pan. Ladle in batter to make a large pancake shape.
4. After the bottom has been set, place fiddlehead ferns atop the uncooked batter. When the bottom is golden brown and crispy, flip it over.
5. When that side is golden brown and crispy as well, remove from heat and set on plate.
6. Combine smoked salmon with creme fraiche in a one to one ratio for the first sauce, and the gochujang with the remaining creme fraiche.
7. Cut pancake into wedges and serve alongside sauces!