Truffle Carpaccio with champagne Vinaigrette
Image source: dourthe Bordeaux
Truffle carpaccio is such a versatile ingredient to level up your dish. Here is one of the recipes we recommend to impress guests and family!
Serving: 3~4 people
- 4 large, fresh scallops
- Slices of black summer truffle carpaccio
- 2 pinches of truffle salt
Champagne Vinaigrette Ingredients
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- ¼ cup champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 or 3 dashes hot sauce (Optional)
- Fill a pan fitted with steamer basket with water,
- Bring water to a boil over a medium-high heat. Steam scallops for 3 minutes, until medium rare.(The scallops will become more firm and opaque)
- Cut into thin, round slices, 4~6 slices per scallop, and chill. Scallops can be made up to 8 hours before serving.
- Whisk together the garlic, mustard, vinegar, lemon juice, honey, hot sauce, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Slowly whisk in the olive oil until the dressing is emulsified. (Alternatively, you can combine all the ingredients in a blender or a food processor and purée until smooth.)
- Put slices of truffle carpaccio on each scallop before serving and drizzle the sauce. Garnish with truffle salt and serve.