The wild American Paddlefish Spoonbill caviar has a creamy taste & nice, platinum aura. The roe can slightly be smaller than most caviars. The glossy silver-grayish pearls are similar in appearance and size to Sevruga caviar. They are firm and have a rich flavor. The robust & earthy flavor is the reason they are called the first-timers caviar.
The Paddlefish Caviar comes from the original American Paddlefish freshwater sturgeon and is one of the entry level roes.
DR Delicacy’s Paddlefish Caviar is exclusively packaged by Markys.
- Spoonbill roe has become an excellent alternative to Caspian sturgeon caviar which expensive & overfished.
- The shelf life is an average of 2-3 months. After opening this caviar should be consumed in three days.
- Their color varies from light gray to chalky black.
- Can be served as appetizers on blinis and crème fraiche
- Serve with chives & other accouterments.
- Classic garnishes include white onion, chopped egg white and yolk (separately, not mixed).
- Do not use silverware as Caviar will absorb its metallic flavor. Use mother of pearl of pearl or ivory spoons.
- Serve Caviar ice cold
- When eating Caviar by itself, taste with the tongue and avoiding chewing to avoide loss of flavor.
- Vodka is a traditional Russian pairing and accompanies caviar perfectly. The ice cold, crisp, clean flavor of vodka will bring out a distinguished taste of caviar without overpowering.
- Bubbles & saltiness of caviar go hand in hand. If caviar is being served as part of a recipe that involves cream or butter, champagne will help clean the palette and refresh the dish. Select a classic style – vintage if possible– and avoid ‘zero dosage’ varieties, which can be too dry and acidic. Rosé complements caviar well too.
*Wholesale Pricing Also Available.
*on some occasions PADDLEFISH CAVIAR is substituted by higher end sturgeon caviar
Product is perishable and will be shipped via FedEx Priority Overnight
*A minimum of 48 hours is required for special order