-6 tablespoons heavy cream
-14 candy corns
1. Make the truffles: Put the chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl. Bring a saucepan filled with an inch or so of water to a very slow simmer; set the bowl with the chocolate over, but not touching, the water. Stir the chocolate occasionally until melted and smooth. (Alternatively, put the chocolate in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Melt at 50 percent power in the microwave until soft, about 1 minute. Stir, and continue to heat until completely melted, about 1 minute more.)
2. Meanwhile, bring the cream and honey to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat (or in the microwave). Gradually whisk the cream into the chocolate until smooth and shiny. Whisk in the butter until very smooth. If possible, switch to an immersion blender and blend for about 1 minute for a satiny texture. Cover the surface of the chocolate with plastic wrap; chill in the refrigerator until firm, about 1 hour.
3. Transfer 2 tablespoons of the chocolate mixture to a small resealable plastic bag and snip a tiny piece off one corner. Twist the top of the bag to push the chocolate mixture down to the cut corner. Set the prepared bag aside.
4. Line a 13-by-9-inch baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop slightly rounded tablespoon-size portions from the remaining chilled chocolate mixture. With gloved hands, roll each portion into a ball. Refrigerate until set, about 15 minutes.
5. Decorate the truffles: Let the truffles soften slightly at room temperature for about 10 minutes to make it easier to insert the almond slices. Using a tweezers if desired, gently insert a row of 8 almond slices pointed-ends down in the back of each truffle to make a fanned turkey tail. Press a candy corn, pointy-end facing toward you, on the top of each truffle to make the turkey's face and beak. Press an almond slice underneath each candy corn beak to make the turkey's waddle. Place two almond slices underneath each truffle to make the turkey's feet.
6. Warm the reserved bag of chocolate mixture in the microwave until soft, 5 to 8 seconds. Squeeze the bag to pipe eyes onto the candy corn faces, and pipe decorative striped lines across the almond tails. Let set at room temperature for 30 minutes.
7. Once set, the truffles can be held in a cool spot, out of the refrigerator, for up to 2 hours. Otherwise, refrigerate, covered, for up to 5 days. The truffles taste best if served at room temperature, not straight from the refrigerator.